Last Updated: 7 February 2023
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
We may collect and hold a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
If you do not provide your information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with our Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
A. Information You Provide to Us
Registration. When you register for an account to use our Services, we ask you for your Personal Information, including your name, email address, and password.
Request a Demo. If you schedule a demo of our Services, we will collect your Personal Information, including your name, email address, company name, phone number, country, and any additional information you choose to provide.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional Personal Information about you. For example, when you contact us for support, we will receive your name, email address, and any additional information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will receive your name and email address.
Careers. If you decide to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the Personal Information you choose to provide us as part of your job application, such as your contact information, current employment information, and other information you choose to submit with your application and on your resume. If you apply for a job with us through a third-party platform (such as Glassdoor or LinkedIn), we will collect any information you make available to us through such third-party platform.
B. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
Location Information. When you use our Services, we may infer your general location information. For example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including internet protocol (IP) address, web browser type, operating system version, and device identifiers.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, such as the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, telemetry data, and the dates and times of your visits.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. Some Cookies are strictly necessary to make the Services available to you. We cannot provide you with the Services without this type of Cookies.
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to the Services. This enables us to adapt our content for you and remember your preferences. For example, we use functional Cookies to remember your choice of language or region.
- Advertising Cookies. We may enable third-party tracking mechanisms to collect data over time and across external websites for use in interest-based advertising. For example, third parties may use the fact that you visited the website to send you online ads for Jacobi products on third party websites. In addition, our third-party advertising partners might use information about you to send you targeted advertisements based on your online behavior. See table below for further information on Advertising Cookies Jacobi may use.
|Google LLC||Analytical or performance cookies||_ga||Used by Google Analytics to distinguish users.||2 years|
|Google LLC||Analytical or performance cookies||_gat_gtag_UA_66023228_1||Used to throttle request rate.||1 minute|
|Google LLC||Analytical or performance cookies||_gid||Used by Google Analytics to distinguish users.||24 hours|
|Hotjar Ltd||Analytical or performance cookies||_hjSessionUser_2688509||Set when a user first lands on a page. Persists the Hotjar User ID which is unique to that site. Ensures data from subsequent visits to the same site are attributed to the same user ID.||365 days|
|Hotjar Ltd||Analytical or performance cookies||_hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress||Used to detect the first pageview session of a user.||30mins|
|Hotjar Ltd||Analytical or performance cookies||_hjIncludedInPageviewSample||Set to determine if a user is included in the data sampling defined by your site’s pageview limit.||30mins|
|Hotjar Ltd||Analytical or performance cookies||_hjSession_2688509||Holds current session data. Ensures subsequent requests in the session window are attributed to the same session.||30 mins|
|Hotjar Ltd||Analytical or performance cookies||_hjFirstSeen||Identifies a new user’s first session.||session|
|Hotjar Ltd||Analytical or performance cookies||_hjIncludedInSessionSample||Set to determine if a user is included in the data sampling defined by your site’s daily session limit.||30 minutes|
|Hubspot Inc||Analytical or performance cookies||__cf_bm||This cookie is set by HubSpot’s CDN provider and is a necessary cookie for bot protection.||30mins|
|Hubspot Inc||Analytical or performance cookies||__hstc||The main cookie for tracking visitors.||6 months|
|Hubspot Inc||Analytical or performance cookies||__hssrc||Whenever HubSpot changes the session cookie, this cookie is also set to determine if the visitor has restarted their browser.||session|
|Hubspot Inc||Analytical or performance cookies||__hssc||This cookie keeps track of sessions.||30 minutes|
|Hubspot Inc||Analytical or performance cookies||hubspotutk||This cookie keeps track of a visitor’s identity. It is passed to HubSpot on form submission and used when deduplicating contacts.||6 months|
|Analytical or performance cookies||AnalyticsSyncHistory||Used to store information about the time a sync took place with the lms_analytics cookie||30 days|
|Analytical or performance cookies||lidc||To facilitate data center selection||24 hours|
|Google LLC||Advertising||NID||The purpose of this cookie is to store information about your preferences.||6 months|
|Google LLC||Advertising||1P_JAR||To provide ad delivery or retargeting.||1 month|
|Advertising||UserMatchHistory||LinkedIn Ads ID syncing||30 days|
|Advertising||li_sugr||Used to make a probabilistic match of a user’s identity outside the Designated Countries||90 days|
|Advertising||bcookie||Browser Identifier cookie to uniquely indentify devices accessing LinkedIn to detect abust on the platform||2 years|
|Advertising||lang||Used to remember a user’s language setting to ensure LinkedIn.com displays in the language selected by the user in their settings||session|
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Services to their fullest potential.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties
Partners. We may receive Personal Information about you from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
We use the Personal Information we collect and hold:
- To provide, maintain, debug, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services, and develop new products, services, features, and functionalities;
- To understand and analyze usage patterns;
- To process your job application;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- [To undertake marketing activities including direct marketing by us];
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the Personal Information is collected.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING EUROPEAN INFORMATION
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA“) or the United Kingdom (“UK“), we only process your Personal Information when we have a valid “legal basis”, including as set forth below.,
- Contractual Necessity. We need your Personal Information to provide you with our Services. For example, we may need to process your Personal Information to respond to your inquiries or requests.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information. For example, we may process your Personal Information to comply with tax, labor, and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. Specifically, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
We do not share or otherwise disclose Personal Information we collect from you except as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection.
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any Personal Information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share information about you with nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect Personal Information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; or (iii) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer your Personal Information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Consent. We may also disclose Personal Information from or about you or your devices with your permission.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, if you are a registered user you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
If you choose not to provide us with the information we collect, some features of our Services may not work as intended.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you have the additional rights described below:
- You may request access to the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have your Personal Information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
Your Australian Privacy Rights. If you are located in Australia, you have the additional rights described below:
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it unless we are required by law to keep your Personal Information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we consider various factors, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the Personal Information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your Personal Information.
Our Services are hosted in Australia, Europe, the United Kingdom, and the United States (“U.S.”). Laws governing data collection and use may differ from one another. If you choose to use our Services, then please note that you may be transferring your Personal Information outside of one of these regions to another for storage and processing. We may transfer Personal Information from the EEA or the UK to the U.S. and other third countries based on European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, as needed to perform our services that you have requested from us, or with your consent. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to our Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
We may transfer Personal Information from Australia to the United Kingdom, the United States, and other countries where we obtain an enforceable contractual commitment from the overseas recipient to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles.
The countries to which your Personal Information may be transferred to or stored in include: Australia, Germany, Ireland, the United Kingdom, the United States, and any other countries where our service providers are based.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
44 Montgomery Street, Suite 1404
San Francisco, CA 94104
Jacobi Strategies Pty Ltd
Level 15, 111 Eagle Street
Brisbane, QLD 4000
Jacobi EMEA Limited
5 New Street Square
London EC4A 3TW